According to the codes of authors’ rights:
All works belong to their author. Every author possesses moral rights and economical rights over his/her work(s); these rights define the intellectual control of each author on his/her work(s) as well as the economical exploitation and aspect of the work.
The Creative Memory of the Syrian Revolution abides by:
The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works,
The European Copyright Code,
The Intellectual Property Code.
According to the Berne Convention:
It shall be permissible to make quotations from a work which has already been lawfully made available to the public, provided that their making is compatible with fair practice, and their extent does not exceed that justified by the purpose, including quotations from newspaper articles and periodicals in the form of press summaries.
Article 10 (1).
Where use is made of works in accordance with the preceding paragraphs of this Article, mention shall be made of the source, and of the name of the author, if it appears thereon.
Article 10 (3).
According to the European Copyright Code:
The following uses for the purpose of freedom of expression and information are permitted without authorization and without remuneration, to the extent justified by the purpose of the use:
– Use for the purpose of non-commercial archiving by publicly accessible libraries, educational establishments or museums, and archive.
Article 5.2, 1(c).
The following uses for the purpose of promoting important social, political and cultural objectives are permitted without authorization, but only against payment of remuneration, and to the extent justified by the purpose of the use:
– Reproduction by a natural person for private use, provided that the source from which the reproduction is made is not an obviously infringing copy;
– Use for educational purposes.
Article 5.3, 2(a-b).
Uses of news articles, scientific works, industrial designs, computer programs and databases are permitted without authorization, but only against payment of a negotiated remuneration, and to the extent justified by the purpose of the use.
Article 5.4, 2.
According to the Intellectual Property Code:
Once a work has been disclosed, the author may not prohibit:
On condition that the name of the author and the source are clearly stated:
– Analyses and short quotations justified by the critical, polemic, educational, scientific or informatory nature of the work in which they are incorporated;
– Press reviews;
– Dissemination, even in their entirety, through the press or by broadcasting, as current news, of speeches intended for the public made in political, administrative, judicial or academic gatherings, as well as in public meetings of a political nature and at official ceremonies;
Article L122-5, 3oa,b,c.
Parody, pastiche and caricature, observing the rules of the genre.
Article L122-5 4o.
All works posted on The Creative Memory of the Syrian Revolution are published in accordance with the articles mentioned above.