Current support by:
Previous support by:
- 10's of 1000's: An exhibition on Syria's Missing and Disappeared
- Ghouta4YearsLater: Global Day of Action
- Cries From Syria Screening
- Film Screening: White Helmets
- F*** This Sh**
- Celebrating Syria: A Festival of Arts and Culture
- Animated Images - Sulafa Hijazi
- Exhibition: The Creative Memory of the Syrian Revolution
- My History: Syrians in their own words
- From Syria With Love - Berlin
- Global Week for Syria - Lebanon
- Open Day On Cultural Research Within The Current Syrian Context
- Film Forum - Syrian Voices: The Revolution Lives On!
- From Classical to Jazz music… Charity Concert for kids in Syria
- A Syrian Love Story
- Abdalla Al Omari - The Vulnerability Series
- Syria in Painting, Photography, Film and Word
- Róza El-Hassan Exhibition
- A Memory in Khaki at Hot Docs Film Festival
- activist Aleppo Awareness Barrels Bombing Camp Campaigns Chemical weapon Children Daash Damascus Daraa Darayya Deir ez-Zor Demonstration Destruction Detainment Dictator Displacement Douma Freedom Ghouta Holidays Homs Hope Humanity Idlib International Community Kafr Nabl Martyrs Massacre Media Political Opposition Refugees Regime Forces Revolution Russia Saraqib siege solidarity starvation torture United States weapon women
More...In the medias
- Sep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 PostsFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 PostsJan0 PostsFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 PostsJan0 PostsFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 PostsJan0 PostsFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
The Creative Memory has the greatest respect for intellectual property, knowing that intellectual property rights have always been a subject of discussion in the fields of documentation and archiving during disasters, calamities, wars and revolutions and there are no unified answers about this subject yet.
The Creative Memory is a non-profit website that aims to document, protect and promote the works according to the procedures of open licenses.
Read more about the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CODES adopted by the website.
Read more about CREATIVE COMMONS' open licenses adopted by the website.
Materials in the website are documented as they originally figured in the source, including linguistic errors, as they are considered to be a part of the material. An explanatory note is added in cases that require a clarification.
All non-original contents of this site are strictly mentioned with their respective owners and the appropriate sources. Events and activities, and all their details, mentioned in this site are provided by their organizers; we are not responsible for any change or error.
Some links available on our website have expired. At the time of publishing this was not the case, but due to unidentified factors, these links are no longer active.
The opinions and positions expressed by the authors are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or positions of our website.
- The Creative Memory © All rights reserved.
Exhibition: The Creative Memory of the Syrian Revolution
From Thursday 6 till Wednesday 26, July 2017.
La Manufacture, Avignon, France.
The Creative Memory of the Syrian Revolution – Syria
Real memory / Parallel memory
By Sana Yazigi (Syria – Lebanon)
Talking about “Creative Memory” means bringing the Syrian people to the forefront.
Newspapers and televisions around the world talk about Bashar al-Assad’s regime or Daash/ISIS, but no one ever asks:
“What, and who, is there, between the two?”
Since its launch in May 2013, the website www.creativememory.org, published in Arabic, English and French, contains both memory and actuality, archives and present documents. It records, day after day, in all its forms, the intellectual and artistic expression, popular and elitist, of the Syrian people’s resistance.
Through words, messages and artworks that are simple in appearance but tacitly profound, the people have said everything, but their demands are forgotten and their causes are abandoned.
Through memory, we face and resist amnesia, we resist the forgetting of the founding event of the Syrian cause, and the individuals carrying this cause.
In this exhibition that is “the spokesman of the site and the Syrian people”, we shed light on the Syrian individuals, who are themselves the value, and not the subject. We present his artworks to interested readers, to those who are aware of the Syrian situation, but also to those who are unaware of it.
To the Syrian people whose courage and sacrifices accomplished the impossible!Exhibition, From Thursday 6 till Wednesday 26, July 2017
Visit the website